- Please follow any pre-treatment instructions your provider may have outlined in preparation for your excision.
- If you have a history of cold sores or a diagnosis of HSV (herpes simplex virus), you will need a prescription for prophylaxis prior to the procedure. Call our office and we’d be happy to help you with a prescription.
- If you have an active cold sore for this appointment, your visit will need to be rescheduled!
Just as important as the treatment, is the care for your skin post-treatment. Follow your providers instructions and keep all follow-up appointments.
- Dissolvable sutures will be used in the area that was excised. These sutures will self dissolve within approximately 5-7 days.
- Do not wear makeup for 7-10 days post excision.
- Keep the area moisturized using an ointment based product such as Aquaphor until healed.
- Your skin will be more sun sensitive post excision and in order to yield the most minimal scar, use a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher.
- Do not use any active skincare products on the area for 2-3 weeks. Active ingredients include things like retinols, AHA/BHA and anything with the word acid in it.
Keep the area moist while healing. Do not allow it to dry out or become crusty.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use soft cloths and soft towels to avoid any scrubbing.
- When showering, you may get the area wet but avoid submerging it in a bath for a minimum of 2-3 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exerciseand sweating until after skin has healed.
- DO NOT pick, rub or scratch at your skin while healing.
- DO NOT wear makeup while the skin is healing.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 608.836.4044