- Please follow any pre-treatment instructions your provider may have outlined in preparation for your subcision.
- If you have a history of cold sores or a diagnosis of HSV (herpes simplex virus), you will need a prescription for prophylaxis prior to the procedure. Call our office and we’d be happy to help you with a prescription.
If you have an active cold sore for this appointment, your visit will need to be rescheduled!
Just as important as the treatment, is the care for your skin post-treatment. Follow your providers instructions and keep all follow-up appointments.
- Treat the area that was subcised with care as it may be tender.
- Do not wear makeup or any skincare products for 24 hours post treatment. After 24 hours, you may resume your normal skincare regimen and products.
- Be sure to use a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher daily on your entire face.
If your subcision is combined with another procedure such as ProFracional laser, follow those instructions as well!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use soft cloths and soft towels to avoid any scrubbing.
- When showering, you may get the area wet.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating for 24 hours.
- DO NOT pick, rub or scratch at your skin while healing.
- DO NOT wear makeup for 24 hours.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 608.836.4044