Please follow all pre-treatment instructions your provider has outlined in preparation for your 3 Step Stimulation Peel. If you fail to follow certain pre-treatment protocols, your procedure may need to be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Use a sunscreen and physical sun protection.
- Avoid extended sun exposure, i.e., beach, travel to sunny locations, sunbathing, sports outdoors.
- Inform your provider if any physician has ordered Accutane for you in the last 12 months.
- Ensure you are following your specific skincare recommendations and at minimum are:
- Using a retinol/Retin-A nightly for at least 6 weeks leading up to your Halo.
- If you have been diagnosed with Melasma, use the hydroquinone system or products recommended by your provider for a minimum of 6 weeks leading up to you peel.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
- Your treatment will begin with a dermaplane.
- Next a chemical peel solution will be applied to the skin. You will be offered cold air for comfort.
- During the peel you may experience tingling, stinging and or itching initially. The wonderful thing about a 3 Step Stimulation Peel, is that after the third step in the process, these sensations decrease rapidly. If your skin is properly conditioned, this peel is very tolerable.
Just as important as the treatment, is the care for your skin post-treatment.
STARTING THE MORNING AFTER YOUR PEEL
Avoid washing face or treated area for at least 5 hours after the peel. Preferably, wait to wash the morning after the peel.
- Apply the 2nd half of ZO Retinol Crème Complex (included with your peel).
- Apply a thin layer of ZO Hydrating Crème (included with your peel).
- ZO Hydrating Crème may be applied 3 times daily or more often if needed.
CARING FOR YOUR SKIN UNTIL IT RETURNS TO BASELINE AND ONCE ALL PEELING IS COMPLETE
- CLEANSING: ZO Gentle Cleanser
Cleanse the skin two times a day with plain, lukewarm water and gentle cleanser, beginning the morning after the treatment. Use your hands and gentle patting motions. DO NOT rub, scrub, use an exfoliant or skin care brush such as a Clarisonic on the treated area. Gently pat dry.
- MOISTURIZER: ZO Hydrating Crème
Continue to use your ZO Hydrating Crème whenever your skin feels dry and tight (up to 3 times daily).
- SUNSCREEN: Colorescience Even Up or All Calm
Sunscreen is a MUST and should be used daily beginning the day after treatment and used consistently for up to 3 months post procedure. Use a physical sunscreen with Broadband UVA and UVB protection and a SPF of 30. Ensure to reapply during sun exposure.
- You WILL experience sheet peeling with this peel – DO NOT pull or pick at this as it can lead to scarring and or pigmentation issues. If need to trim excess peeling skin, you may use sterile scissors.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Avoid running water directly on your face while showering.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until skin is completely healed (approximately 5-7 days).
- Avoid rubbing, scratching or peeling/picking the skin with your fingers while healing.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 7-10 days following the peel. Sunscreen may be used after your peel.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Redness, stinging, itching, mild swelling, flaking and peeling are all normal signs after the peel and vary based on patient response.
- Exfoliation generally will start 2-3 days after treatment and ends by approximately day 5.
- Besides the ZO Retinol Crème Complex, do not use alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids and/or other potentially irritating products until the skin is healed.
- Avoid procedures such as facials, hair removal, microdermabrasion and laser until skin is fully healed.
- After skin is healed, return to your daily ZO daily skin health program.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 608-836-4044