- Wear comfortable clothes you can relax in. There is a possibility of our gel transferring onto clothes, but don’t worry, it washes out very easily!
- To track your results accurately, we must take photos prior to your treatment. We provide disposable garments for you to wear. We will do this again at your follow-up appointment. This allows us to see the changes in your shape more clearly and objectively.
- Feel free to bring a book, tablet device, or other quiet activity to do while you relax during your treatment.
- We offer complimentary water bottles, tea, and coffee, and light snacks but if you desire anything else, please feel free to bring along those items. Depending on how many cycles your treatment is, you could be in the office for up to several hours.
- You will be marked with a permanent marker on the day of treatment to ensure proper placement, and we will do everything to remove these, but please keep in mind there could be some residual markings.
- Your safety is in our best interest. If you are under the weather at the time of your scheduled appointment, please exercise courtesy and reschedule your visit to a time when you are feeling better. A compromised immune system can lead to compromised healing and recovery.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
After your photos are taken and you have been marked, your provider will apply a protective gel pad over your skin and then position the cooling applicator in the treatment area. You will feel light suction where the applicator sits and then your provider will engage the cooling device. You will experience a few minutes of intense cold however once the treatment area becomes numb, most patients are comfortable enough to read, watch TV or even fall asleep. After the cycle is complete, your provider will remove the applicator and then perform a 2-minute massage as your skin warms back up to room temperature. If you are having multiple cycles, this process is then repeated until completed.
After your treatment, expect the area to feel cold to the touch for approximately 30 minutes and remain pink in color for several hours.
Typically, there is minimal discomfort following treatment and most patients are able to return to normal daily activities immediately. You may return to exercise (as tolerated) after your treatment, however if you have questions on exercise, please talk to your provider based on the area you had treated and the type of exercise.
The initial tingling sensation will begin diminishing the next day however this can last for several weeks. Expect the treated area to feel numb and while every patient is different, this generally lasts no longer than 3-4 weeks and will gradually dissipate with time.
You may notice some initial swelling of the treated area for approximately a week or so. This is normal and expected.
Some patients find that compression afterwards feels good. This can be achieved by wearing compression tights and or tight-fitting clothing over the area.
Each patient perceives discomfort different and for some, you may feel a deep itching, tingling or tenderness to the touch in the areas treated.
Numbness, tingling and swelling are all common and normal side effects. These are temporary and will dissipate with time. Try to remain patient through this process.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- A gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place after your treatment.
- You may begin to see changes as early as 3-4 weeks after treatment, however you will experience the most dramatic results after 1-3 months.
- Your body will continue to naturally process the injured fat cells from your body for several months after your procedure.
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results.
- Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure will help ensure you see the best results.
- Schedule a follow up with your provider for your next treatment. It is typical to require multiple treatments in each area for optimal results.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 608.836.4044