PRP is a form of cosmetic injectable treatment that uses the client’s own platelet rich plasma. The plasma component contains stem cells and growth rich platelets and when injected back into the skin, it accelerates the body’s natural production of collagen and elastin to provide overall skin rejuvenation
HOW IT WORKS:
PRP (platelet rich plasma) is your very own blood that is drawn in office and spun down to separate out the platelets and plasma. Within this serum, is your very own growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing – helping to restore volume and promote new growth. These special cells promote healing, accelerates the rate and degree of tissue healing and regeneration, responds to injury, and formation of new cellular growth.
PLEASE BEGIN 1 WEEK PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
- Increase your intake of fluid (water preferably). Aim for 10-12 glasses per day. If you exercise, you are likely to require high levels of hydration. 10-12 glasses of water are recommended, substitutions like coffee, milk, juice, soft drinks, sports drinks and alcohol do not count towards the 10-12 glasses daily.
- Where possible, try to eat nutrient rich meals. Attempt to consume plenty of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean proteins (meat, chicken + fish) and complex carbohydrates (For example: whole grains are preferred to white bread and sweet potatoes over white, starchy potatoes, etc.).
- We recommend ensuring your diet has adequate levels of vitamins B, C & D. If you do not, you can consider consuming a vitamin B Complex (slow release preferred) and vitamin C tablets.
- Avoid alcohol for three days before your PRP session.
- If possible, stop smoking or limit smoking for three days prior to your procedure. The more the better as we find it really impacts on the healing process!
- Avoid Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3 days before your procedure (if possible, please avoid for 7 days). We want inflammation to occur – as this is one mechanism by which PRP works! You may take Tylenol for any pains, discomforts or joint pains you may have
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
- Our trained nurses harvest your very own PRP through a simple blood draw through a vein in your arm.
- The blood is spun down in a centrifuge, where we are then able to separate out just the platelets and plasma – the PRP aka “liquid gold.”
- The PRP is then injected into the area(s) of concern.
- Immediately afterwards you may go right back to your daily routine.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to the area until redness subsides. Please wear a sunscreen with Zinc Oxide daily.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24-48 hours as this can delay the healing process.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for the next three days.
- Avoid smoking for three days (if possible) – we find it makes a big difference to healing. (Preferably no smoking period – it’s simply not healthy!)
- Avoid Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Fish oil, Krill oil, Vit E and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3 days after your procedure (if possible, try for 7 days). We want inflammation to occur!
- For general post-treatment discomfort, you may take Extra Strength Tylenol, however please AVOID aspirin products like Ibuprofen.
- Avoid Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3 days after your procedure (if possible, try for 7 days). We want inflammation to occur!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- If you experience bruising in the area(s) that were treated, you can gently apply ice to the area for the first day.
- AVOID caffeine within 24 hours of your treatment. Remember caffeine is present in many of the things you consume including; coffee, tea, energy drinks & gym supplements.
- Avoid strenuous exercise – any sweating – 4 hours prior to your treatment.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- You may start to notice brightening and reduction of fine lines within 3-4 weeks
- You may start to notice volume restoration within 3 months.
- 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart is recommended for optimal results with biannual maintenance treatments. Be sure to have your subsequent treatments scheduled for optimal results.
*If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 608.836.4044