- You must not be pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or nursing.
- You must not be sunburned or have had recent sun exposure.
- You must not have current active breakouts due to the possibility of infection.
FOR 2-4 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT, PLEASE AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
- Botox® and Dermal Filler Injections (however these may be administered as soon as a few days after your SkinPen treatment).
- Chemical peels and laser / BBL treatemetns (unless recommended by your provider).
- Avoid tanning, excessive sun exposure as well as the use of self-tanning lotions on the area to be treated.
- Must be off Accutane for 1 year prior to treatment.
FOR 5 DAYS PRIOR TO TREATMENT, PLEASE AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
- Tretinoin or any retinoic acid derivatives (including Retin-A, Renova, Refissa, Retinol, Atralin, Avita, Tazorac, or Avage, Ziana, Azaelex, or Differin).
- Tweezing, waxing, threading or shaving the area to be treated.
- Patients with a history of recurrent herpes simplex (fever blisters/cold sores) should be treated with Valtrex® on the day of the treatement and continue as prescribed. Start 3 days prior to your treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TREATMENT:
- Your skin may experience temporary irritation, tightness, or redness. These are all normal reactions that typically resolve within 72 hours depending on skin sensitivity.
- You may experience tingling and stinging during the treatment area. These sensations genrally subside within three hours of treatment.
- Client experiences may vary, however most patients find Hydrafacial very relaxing. Some people may experience a delayed onset of the previously mentioned symptoms. Contact us immediately if any unusual side effects occur or if symptoms worsen over time.
Just as important as the treatment, is the care for your skin post-treatment.
To minimize your recovery time and optimize your results, please follow all post-procedure instructions as outlined below:
- Keep the new skin clean, cool and hydrated.
- A cool/cold compress may be used as necessary to help minimize inflammation.
- Use post care as instructed by your provider. The day of your treatment use the kit included with your treatment and refer to specific daily instrucions inside the kit. Follow all post care instructions according to the kit starting the following morning and until skin feels comfortable to resume to your normal skincare regimin.
You may resume wearing makeup or tinted moisturizer 18 hours after your treatment. We recommend using a light, breathable, mineral based product applied with a brush. Avoid using sponges or rubbing make-up onto the face for the first 18 hours.
- The treatment area is more susceptible to sunburn, sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Avoid direct sun exposure and use an SPF daily.
- Treated areas may peel briefly. Avoid picking or peeling the skin. Post care will be recommended by your provider which will help minimize its appearance.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Avoid irritating the skin with harsh products, chemicals, rubbing or exfoliating for one week (including the use of a Clarisonic).
- Avoid excessive sweating for 24 hours (ie. Hot yoga, running, etc).
- Do not use any harsh chemicals including glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxyl, retinol, benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or topical acne medications for 5 days following your treatment. Your provider will provide recommendations based on your regular skincare regimin.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- You MUST avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 14 days after your treatment. Your skin will be more susceptible to UV after this procedure.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher should be used at all times. If circumstances should arise where sun exposure cannot be avoided, it is important to reapply sunscreen often, and wear a hat to shield the face from direct sun exposure.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products including Retin-A, Renova, Refissa, Retinol, Atralin, Avita, Tazorac, or Avage, Ziana, Azaelex, or Differin 7-10 days after your treatment.
- Contact your provider if you experience severe inflammation, appearance of sores, cracking of the skin, weeping, blistering, severe scabbing or signs of infection.
*If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 608.836.4044